Hello all,
Hoping that this will be better formatted than the last post. I'm on my mon/tue weekend and I've been exploring. I have been stressed out and contemplating choices that will change my life, though most things change your life in some ways.
I have been pretty proud of my successes but rather ashamed of my failures. I have been reading alot, I've finished three books this week, soon to be four because I am going to re-read Breakfast at Tiffany's. As a movie fan I also think it is also a good movie but that is a different piece of media trying to say its own thing. But Holly will always be Audrey to me.The lastest book I finished was Iain Pear's The Titian Committee which was very fun but made me feel like my parents. UNlike the mysteries my parents had me read, I liked how the characters were sometimes stupid or awkward or just didn't have knowledge of every single thing that has ever happened in art ever. It felt like the historians were smart but they weren't supernatural, they didn't know everything and sometimes art distracts them enough that they fall in a canal.
It also made me miss my time in Florence. I miss wandering anround an ancient place. Nothing here has that feeling of being somewhere that has been used for centuries except maybe Taos, but it is a different kind of ancient place with a history I haven't studied. I did feel a similar awe there, I find history so incomprehensible in scale no matter where I am.
In the present, spring is here. And with spring comes the fucking pear that I hate. I have counted and there are 12 between my house and the grocery store and two on the way to my mailbox.The smell of these things clogs my nose and throat. Its not like a smell that is repulsive, its one that feels bad. That on top of the fact that smell is the scent that makes you regress the most and think of the past, I am thinking about different times and places. I'm think of the school yard and lying on asphalt and going home to do my homework and eat steamed broccoli. Spring can be hard.
But I really hate having an even harder time breathing when the dry air clogs my nose and the thin air makes me gasp. This stupid pear tree doesn't even look nearly as nice as other decorative trees and I am personally offended that all the nice trees around my house were secretly Bradford pears.
I think, in order to keep the formatting somewhat stable, I am going to continue with a bit of an old fashioned photo diary.
| Drinking water will take you to many interesting places. The Santa Fe Public Library staff bathroom which has a shower and lockers and is huge but only has one stall is one example of many such places. |
| My jade plant which is shedding leaves and scaring me. Though its also growing a new branch. I sent this picture to The Boyfriend who is also The Tree Expert and he said he doesn't actually know what's healthy. Just what it is. Behind it is the best card I've ever recieved in the mail. |
| I went grocery shopping and only spent 53$ bc I forgot milk and had to buy it from the gas station. I am now the girl version of a yogurt male. Also this yogurt is really bad do not get it. |
| Here is a bit of my other weekend outfit which was also a hit! More compliments!! I have this blouse I rarely wear because I am scared. It is a blouse that I adore and will never get rid of but I only seem to wear it when I won't see anyone I know. |
| Someone signed me up for promotional messages for hair transplants. This text I got was march madness themed. |
| I packaged some things for a (kind far from now) upcoming trip for my lovely friends!! I am feeling very powerful and yes I did use trash from work to package them lol |
| worm in stem |
Okay one last note before I finish this little piece, I have some creative plans for the recipe book that's been on pause for a while. I think because I only wanna work on it on call but everyone wants to stream or watch tv in call with me. That's fine! I love it! Just means no recipe time. So I am going to just go and make that page I wanna make myself!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
uhm,,,, hi